How to Upload Your DNA File to SelfDecode
1. Obtain your raw DNA file from the service where you had your DNA tested.
Here are instructions for obtaining your raw DNA file from Ancestry and 23andMe. Most companies have instructions for obtaining your raw DNA file from their website. A quick Google search is usually helpful, too. If you're stumped, you can always reach out to their customer support team.
2. Log in to your SelfDecode account and click Upload DNA File.
3. Click Browse and select your raw DNA file from your computer, then select the name of the service you had your DNA analyzed with from the dropdown menu. Click Upload File.
4. While you wait for your DNA file to scan, please take a few minutes to complete our questionnaire! This allows us to customize your experience of the site.
You'll see a window pop up with Decody. Please click Let's Go to start the questionnaire.
When you're finished with the questionnaire, click Finish and you'll be taken to your account.
4. Wait for your DNA file to finish scanning on your dashboard. It's normal for your file to scan for a couple of hours, as we're parsing through up to 83 million genetic variants! We'll send you an email when your analysis is complete.
If you're having any problems with uploading your raw DNA file, please email us and we'll be happy to assist! You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.