Why is a saliva sample requested? Is it accurate?
AYUMETRIX uses the most advanced testing technologies and FDA-approved kits, which offer accuracy, validity and convenience over conventional blood tests for the following reasons:
- Noninvasive (no needles)
- More convenient than blood testing for the health care providers and patient
- Measures the “unbound” biologically active or free hormone levels
- Ideal for measuring and accurately monitoring the transdermal application of hormones
- Optimized for multiple collections any time of day/month, any place
- No special processing (eg, centrifugation, ice-packs) prior to shipment
- Hormones stable in saliva for weeks
- Ideal for evaluating cortisol secretion patterns, and the balance and flow of estrogens and progesterone.
- Salivary estriol can be tested to identify women at risk for preterm labor: It spikes approximately two weeks prior to the onset of labor
- Convenient shipment